Feature Questions

I’ve recently discovered FlowMapp - solid application! Few questions:
For sitemap is there a way to export the project map list view (maybe to CSV)?

Please see attached design mockup. I want to add a Utility Navigation on top of my design and I want to be able to show my client in the site map.
Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers, Yorgс

2 Likes

Hey Yorgс,

For sitemap is there a way to export the project map list view (maybe to CSV)?

No, we don’t have export to CSV. You can export your Sitemap to PNG, SVG, .PDF or .DOC files.

I want to add a Utility Navigation on top of my design and I want to be able to show my client in the site map.

We have this idea in our backlog. No ETA from devs so I hope to see it future.

1 Like

Hi Nick.

We have this idea in our backlog. No ETA from devs so I hope to see it future.

No problem with that - just asked as it might be useful. For me at least!

Cheers

1 Like

I’d really like if I could group projects under a “client” bucket and password protect them. I guess I’d also need a way to transition the projects’ ownership to my client without losing my account.

1 Like

Can we be able able to upload a flow from an XML file?
I had a coworker make a process flow in another program and he exported it to XML for me to import into Flowmapp, but that is only something we can do with sitemaps.

1 Like

Hello Alisha!

First of all, thank you very much for a lot of feedback(what a truly active user!)
Appreciate it a lot :+1:

Now to the business:

I’d really like if I could group projects under a “client” bucket and password protect them

Could you please clarify a bit? How would you use it? What this bucket should add/remove from projects in this bucket? What restrictions should be added when a project goes into this bucket? And most importantly, why do you need a password and from who? :slight_smile:

I’d also need a way to transition the projects’ ownership to my client without losing my account

What about usual Project transfer between users?
You will not lose your account after this.

I had a coworker make a process flow in another program and he exported it to XML for me to import into Flowmapp, but that is only something we can do with sitemaps.

Is it possible you can share the XML file with me( via direct message if you want) so we can check it with engineers and see if it possible to implement?

Thank you!

All the best

Grouping by client:

How would you use it?

I was really just thinking that you’d use it the same way we use the Projects groupings. My company can have multiple projects for a single client OR a single designer could work on a single project but be half time with two clients.

What this bucket should add/remove from projects in this bucket?

As I started to think about how complicated this can get, I think that I actually need more ways to re-organize our flows. A “Project” could be a client or a “Project” could be any of a number of project teams with a single client, so at a consultancy this can get messy. And, navigating my numerous flows can be cumbersome.

For example: I have my current client organized by platform (Web, Android, iOS), but I could have organized it Product Team (there are 5). Finding a mobile flow in that drop down is really cumbersome because there are so many. And, I’ve learned I shouldn’t have organized by platform, because there isn’t enough difference between mobile platforms. But, I can’t reorganize how my Flowmapps are bucketed or move flows between projects to fix the issue.

What restrictions should be added when a project goes into this bucket? And most importantly, why do you need a password and from who?
My client is high security. All of our visual designs are password protected, because we have a non-disclosure agreement with them. So, since our flows include screens that are usually password protected, we were very worried they would take issue with us using the Flowmapp tool.
We just need to password protect them from anyone that isn’t working on the project.

Transferring a project

What about usual Project transfer between users?
You will not lose your account after this.

That should work. I hadn’t seen that info before.

Importing XML

Is it possible you can share the XML file with me( via direct message if you want) so we can check it with engineers and see if it possible to implement?

Unfortunately I am under a NDA with our client. i don’t think I can share any files, but it was created in draw.io and exported as a pdf. so you should be able to create one that way for testing implementation.

I think I got it.
So you have many projects and flows and it gets hard to navigate between right?
You would like to see some options to organize/group them for a specific client or project.

We will brainstorm how to implement it better.
Meanwhile, consider sorting your works by Alphanumeric, for example.(please check attached)
Like, name your projects for Client X as “X: User Flow, Android”, “X: User Flow, iOS”.
At least with this organize it should be much easy to group projects.
I know it’s a half-measure, but still! Think about it.

Unfortunately I am under a NDA with our client. i don’t think I can share any files, but it was created in draw.io and exported as a pdf. so you should be able to create one that way for testing implementation.

Sure, we’ll check it.

Thank you for ideas, Alisha!

(and of course if you have more - spill it out!)