Comments, Labeling, Custom Images, Organization, etc

• I want to be able to comment on a specific part of a flow or page map (similar to Figma comments where they are free-range.)
  • I want to be able to draw flows or add indications on the Site Map as well
  • I want to be able to upload a custom image to the project level screen where we currently only see the pre-set cards, and I want to be able to organize all my elements within in a project in a custom way and be able to further them group them into custom subfolders (I.e. Client folders> Project Folders > User Personas > 3 personas in file
  • I want to be able to label a persona as a Main Persona and see all flows designated for that persona
  • I want to be able to label the individual flow lines so I can indicate to my dev or UI designers if they have hidden functions
1 Like

Hey hey,

I want to be able to comment on a specific part of a flow or page map (similar to Figma comments where they are free-range.)

Commenting is awesome and we’re currently thinking on how to implement it better. Probably it will be in some sort of pins which you can place anywhere :pushpin:

• I want to be able to draw flows or add indications on the Site Map as well

Not sure about this though. You see, the Sitemap is a hierarchical representation of information structure, and it wasn’t planned to demonstrate any users’ flow. For that, we have the ability to add your any Sitemap page to the User Flow:

What do you think?

I want to be able to upload a custom image to the project level screen where we currently only see the pre-set cards, and I want to be able to organize all my elements within in a project in a custom way and be able to further them group them into custom subfolders (I.e. Client folders> Project Folders > User Personas > 3 personas in file

This sounds good - we like it. A great addition to ordering your workplace. We’ll think how to do this better.

I want to be able to label a persona as a Main Persona and see all flows designated for that persona

Our lead designer like this idea (read as “highly likely will work on it”).

I want to be able to label the individual flow lines so I can indicate to my dev or UI designers if they have hidden functions

Could you please clarify on this a bit?

Appreciate a lot!

1 Like

Hey Nick,

Wow! thanks for the thorough responses! I’m excited to see some of this feedback already being considered! Everything looks great!
For the

• I want to be able to label the individual flow lines so I can indicate to my dev or UI designers if they have hidden functions
    ^ When you create a flow line, I want to be able to label that line not only with an icon but with a specific command (I.e. hover, click through, touch and hold, swipe right/left). Right now, we work around this by adding a blank text box, but it is very clunky! This can come in handy as a user experience researcher as we are also asked to complete task flows!

Does that answer your question?

While I have you, some other desires for the system

• I want to be able to see the flows that each page is dropped into from the Site Map/Page card view (I.e. if I have it within 3 flow screens with the page, on the page cards it shows links or something to indicate that page is referenced in several flows)

• I want to be able to label full flow pages as “in draft, complete, etc.” to show what FLOWS are in progress or ready for UI design.

I love using your product and, as a small team, it’s helped us really improve and visualize the UX of our products! I’m excited to see FlowMapp grow!

Caroline,

When you create a flow line, I want to be able to label that line not only with an icon but with a specific command (I.e. hover, click through, touch and hold, swipe right/left). Right now, we work around this by adding a blank text box, but it is very clunky! This can come in handy as a user experience researcher as we are also asked to complete task flows!

Got it!
We have something similar in our plans to add more options to work with for lines, but not exactly what you described. We’ll discuss this with team.

• I want to be able to see the flows that each page is dropped into from the Site Map/Page card view (I.e. if I have it within 3 flow screens with the page, on the page cards it shows links or something to indicate that page is referenced in several flows)

In the Backlog for a long time :slight_smile:

• I want to be able to label full flow pages as “in draft, complete, etc.” to show what FLOWS are in progress or ready for UI design.

Could you please specify where exactly you would like to see these progress indicators?

Thank you!

Nick

1 Like